Mercy LIFE provides or coordinates all the medical and nursing care, physical therapy, occupational therapy, nutritional services, and social work support needed by a participant. Our staff is on-call 24 hours per day, seven days a week, including holidays.
Participants receive all health care services from Mercy LIFE of Alabama. Other than emergency care, the care team must authorize all services. A provider within the Mercy LIFE network must deliver these services. Participants may be liable for the cost of unauthorized or out-of-network services.
Other than emergency care, the care team must approve all services.
Mercy LIFE services include:
- Adult day health services, including recreational and social programs
- Primary and specialty medical care
- Acute care hospitalization
- Nursing care and home care services
- Prescription and over-the-counter medications
- Occupational. physical and speech therapies
- Social work services
- Foot. vision and hearing care
- Dental care
- Mental health services
- Medical equipment and medical supplies
- Nutritional counseling and diet planning
- Caregiver and family support
- Spiritual care and counseling
- Nursing home care