About Mercy LIFE
Program of All-inclusive Care for the Elderly
Mercy LIFE of Alabama is a PACE program, or Program of All-inclusive Care for the Elderly. Mercy LIFE offers a full range of health care services for individuals who are eligible for nursing home care but want to live at home. PACE programs like Mercy LIFE believe it is better for the well-being of seniors with chronic care needs and their families to be served in the community whenever possible.
Mercy LIFE of Alabama is the sole provider of services and guarantees our Participants access to services, but not with any specific provider. All services are provided within our network of providers.
The Mercy LIFE Health Center
The Mercy LIFE of Alabama Health Center is where clinical and rehabilitative services are coordinated and participants visit, socialize and build meaningful relationships with doctors, nurses and other program participants. Transportation to and from the Center is coordinated for participants.
The program is able to provide care and services to seniors with chronic care needs while maintaining their independence in their homes for as long as possible. Care and services include:
- Adult day center that offers nursing; physical, occupational and recreational therapies; meals; nutritional counseling; social work and personal care
- Medical care provided by a LIFE doctor familiar with the history, needs and preferences of each participant
- Home health care and personal care
- All necessary prescription and over-the-counter drugs
- Social services
- Medical specialists such as audiology, dentistry, optometry, podiatry and speech therapy
- Respite care
PACE Participants may be fully and personally liable for the costs of unauthorized or out-of-PACE program agreement services.